If you are a Pakistani citizen and would like to study in the UK, you will need to apply for a student visa. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Choose a course and a university: First, research the universities and courses available in the UK. Once you have decided on a course and a university, you will need to apply for admission to the university.
- Get a CAS number: If you are accepted by a university, they will issue you a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number. You will need this number to apply for a visa.
- Prepare your documents: You will need to prepare several documents to apply for a visa, including a valid passport, financial documents, proof of English language proficiency, and your CAS number.
- Apply for a visa: You can apply for a visa online through the UK government website. You will need to pay a fee and provide biometric information, such as fingerprints and a photo.
- Attend a visa appointment: Once you have applied for a visa, you will need to attend a visa appointment at a visa application center in Pakistan. At the appointment, you will provide your biometric information and submit your documents.
- Wait for a decision: After your appointment, you will need to wait for a decision on your visa application. This can take several weeks or longer, so it’s important to apply as early as possible.
- Travel to the UK: If your visa application is approved, you can travel to the UK and begin your studies.
UK student visa processing time
Here’s a detailed step-by-step process to apply for a UK study visa from Pakistan:
Step 1: Choose a course and a university The first step is to select the course and the university where you want to study. Research different universities and their programs to find the one that suits you the most. Once you have decided, apply for admission to the university.
Step 2: Get a CAS number After receiving an offer of admission, the university will issue you a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number. This number is important for your visa application, as it confirms that you have been accepted to study in the UK.
Step 3: Prepare your documents Prepare the necessary documents for your visa application, which may include:
- A valid passport
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Your CAS number
- Any previous study or work experience documents
Step 4: Apply for a visa Apply for a visa online through the UK government website. You will need to create an account and fill out the application form with your personal information, travel history, and details about your course of study.
Step 5: Pay the visa fee You will need to pay the visa application fee, which can be paid online using a credit or debit card.
Step 6: Biometrics appointment After submitting your visa application, you will need to book a biometrics appointment at a visa application center in Pakistan. During the appointment, your fingerprints and photograph will be taken for your visa application.
Step 7: Wait for a decision After attending the biometrics appointment, you will need to wait for a decision on your visa application. The processing time may vary, but it usually takes around 3 to 4 weeks. You can track the status of your application on the UK government website.
Step 8: Collect your visa If your visa application is approved, you will receive your passport with the visa stamp at the visa application center. Make sure to check the details on your visa carefully, including the start and end dates and any restrictions.
Step 9: Travel to the UK Once you have your visa, you can travel to the UK and start your studies. Make sure to carry all the necessary documents with you when you travel, including your passport, CAS number, and proof of financial support.
Student visa UK requirements
To apply for a UK study visa from Pakistan, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Acceptance to a course of study: You must have an offer of admission from a recognized UK educational institution for a full-time course of study.
- English language proficiency: You must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English to a required level. You can demonstrate this by passing an approved English language test or by showing that you have studied in an English-speaking country.
- Financial support: You must be able to show that you have enough money to cover your tuition fees and living expenses in the UK. The amount of money you need will depend on your course of study and the location of your university.
- Health and character requirements: You must be in good health and have no criminal record.
- Biometric information: You will need to provide biometric information, including fingerprints and a photograph, as part of the visa application process.
- Immigration history: You must not have been refused a visa to the UK in the past, or have any other immigration issues that would make you ineligible for a visa.
It’s important to note that the requirements and documentation may vary depending on your specific circumstances, such as your course of study, the university you are applying to, and your personal situation. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with an immigration lawyer or a reputable visa service for guidance.
UK student visa cost
The cost of a UK study visa from Pakistan depends on the length of your course and whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK. As of September 2021, the fees for a standard Tier 4 study visa are:
- For applications made outside the UK: £348 for a visa up to 6 months, £475 for a visa up to 11 months, and £822 for a visa more than 11 months
- For applications made inside the UK: £475 for a visa up to 6 months, £822 for a visa up to 11 months, and £1,087 for a visa more than 11 months
In addition to the visa fee, you may also need to pay the healthcare surcharge, which gives you access to the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK. The surcharge is £470 per year for students, and the amount you pay depends on the length of your course.
It’s important to note that the visa fees and healthcare surcharge are subject to change, so it’s a good idea to check the UK government website for the latest information.
Uk student visa processing time
The processing time for a UK student visa from Pakistan can vary depending on the time of year, the volume of applications, and your individual circumstances.
As of September 2021, the UK government website states that most visa applications from Pakistan are processed within 15 working days. However, some applications may take longer to process, and it’s important to apply well in advance of your intended travel date to allow enough time for processing.
Additionally, you may be able to use the priority or super-priority service to expedite your visa application process. The priority service typically provides a decision within 5 working days, while the super-priority service aims to provide a decision within 24 hours. However, these services come at an additional cost.
It’s important to note that the processing time can vary depending on your individual circumstances, such as your course of study, your immigration history, and the completeness of your application. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with an immigration lawyer or a reputable visa service for guidance on the processing time for your specific situation.
Benefits after study in the UK
After completing your studies in the UK, there are several benefits that you may be eligible for. Here are some examples:
- Post-study work visa: As of 2021, international students who complete their studies at a UK institution may be eligible for a two-year post-study work visa. This visa allows you to work in the UK for up to two years after completing your studies, giving you time to gain valuable work experience and explore job opportunities.
- Graduate schemes: Many UK employers offer graduate schemes that are specifically designed for recent graduates. These schemes provide training and support to help you develop your skills and build your career.
- Access to a global network: Studying in the UK gives you the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world. This can be a valuable networking opportunity, as you may be able to build relationships with people who can help you in your career.
- Improved career prospects: A degree from a UK institution can be highly valued by employers around the world. Studying in the UK can also help you develop your English language skills and gain international experience, which can make you more attractive to employers.
- Personal development: Studying in the UK can be a transformative experience, allowing you to develop new skills, broaden your horizons, and gain a deeper understanding of different cultures. This can help you become a more well-rounded individual and improve your personal development.
It’s important to note that the benefits you receive after studying in the UK will depend on your individual circumstances and the choices you make. However, studying in the UK can open up many opportunities and help you achieve your goals.
How much bank statement for a UK student visa from Pakistan
The amount of money you need to show in your bank statement for a UK student visa from Pakistan depends on your individual circumstances, such as the duration of your course and the location of your university.
As a general rule, you need to show that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of your course. According to the UK government’s guidelines, you need to show evidence of at least:
- £1,334 per month for living costs if you’re studying in London for a course of less than 9 months
- £1,023 per month for living costs if you’re studying outside London for a course of less than 9 months
- £12,006 per year for living costs if you’re studying in London for a course of 9 months or more
- £9,207 per year for living costs if you’re studying outside London for a course of 9 months or more
In addition to these living expenses, you will also need to show evidence of your tuition fees and any other course-related expenses.
It’s important to note that these amounts are subject to change, and the requirements may vary depending on your individual circumstances. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with an immigration lawyer or a reputable visa service for guidance on how much money you need to show in your bank statement for a UK student visa from Pakistan.
In conclusion, Pakistani students who wish to study in the UK must apply for a Tier 4 study visa. The visa requirements include having an offer of admission from a recognized UK educational institution, demonstrating English language proficiency, showing evidence of financial support to cover tuition fees and living expenses, meeting health and character requirements, providing biometric information, and having a clean immigration history. The amount of money you need to show in your bank statement will depend on your individual circumstances, such as the duration of your course and the location of your university. The processing time for a UK student visa from Pakistan can vary, with most applications being processed within 15 working days. It is recommended to seek guidance from an immigration lawyer or a reputable visa service for specific guidance on visa requirements and processing times.
FAQs for UK study visa from Pakistan
- What is a UK study visa, and who needs one? A UK study visa is a type of visa that allows individuals to travel to the UK for the purpose of studying at a recognized institution. Anyone who is not a UK or EU/EEA/Swiss national and wants to study in the UK for more than six months needs to apply for a UK study visa.
- What are the eligibility criteria for a UK study visa? To be eligible for a UK study visa, you must have an offer from a recognized institution in the UK, be able to support yourself financially during your stay, and meet the English language requirements.
- How long does it take to process a UK study visa application? Processing times can vary, but generally, it takes around 15 working days for a decision to be made on a standard UK study visa application. However, you can choose to use a priority service for an additional fee to receive a decision within 5 working days.
- How much does a UK study visa cost? The cost of a UK study visa depends on the type of visa and duration of stay. As of 2023, the standard visa fee for a Tier 4 (General) student visa is £348, while the priority service fee is £698.
- What documents do I need to provide when applying for a UK study visa? You will need to provide your passport, an offer letter from a recognized institution in the UK, evidence of your financial support, and proof of your English language proficiency. You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
- Can I work while on a UK study visa? Yes, you are allowed to work part-time for up to 20 hours per week during term time and full-time during holidays. However, you cannot work as a professional sportsperson or as a doctor or dentist in training.
- Can I extend my UK study visa? Yes, you may be able to extend your UK study visa if you want to continue studying in the UK or if you want to switch to a different type of visa. You should apply to extend your visa before your current visa expires.
- Can I bring my family with me on a UK study visa? If you are studying at a recognized institution in the UK for more than 12 months, your spouse or partner and children may be able to accompany you to the UK. However, you will need to provide evidence that you can support them financially during their stay.
Follow us for more!
Finland study visa from Pakistan